|TechDraw → Apply Geometric Hatch to Face|
|Introduced in version|
|Hatch Face using Image File, TechDraw Hatching|
The GeometricHatch tool fills a closed region in a View with a pattern based on an AutoDesk PAT hatching specification. Alternatively, the Hatch tool uses an SVG or bitmap file as hatch pattern, see Hatching for details.
Geometric hatch pattern on a face
- Select an closed region in a View. The region will turn green.
- Press the button
- a dialog will open where you may select your pattern, a scale for the pattern and a line weight.
- You may need to press and/or to get the pattern to update.
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the tool for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
- Unlike the Hatch tool, geometric hatch patterns are included when a drawing page is saved as an SVG file.
A small set of sample patterns are available in:
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
- DataSource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DataFile Pattern: The location of the PAT file to use.
- DataName Pattern: The name of the PAT specification within File Pattern.
- DataScale Pattern: The scale to be applied to the pattern (must be > 0.0).
- ViewWeight Pattern: The thickness of the pattern lines.
- ViewColor Pattern: The color for the pattern lines.
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawGeomHatch','GeomHatch') hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"]) hatch.FilePattern = "path/to/myPATfile.pat" hatch.NamePattern = "Diamond" rc = page.addView(hatch)