|TechDraw → Insert Detail View|
|Introduced in version|
|Insert View, Insert Projection Group|
The Detail tool creates a view of small area of an existing view.
Detail view with circular viewbox of an existing view
- Select a part view in the 3D window or tree.
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will also need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the button to create the section view.
- select the created view in the tree and change its properties DataAnchor Point, DataRadius and/or DataScale to adjust the position, size and magnification of the base view area that should be displayed in the detail view.
The Detail view can be displayed within a round or square viewbox. This is controlled by the preferences setting Detail View Outline Shape.
- DataBaseView: The view on which this Detail view is based.
- DataAnchor Point: The center of the Detail view within the DataBaseView.
- DataRadius: The size of the area in the DataBaseView that is displayed in the Detail view.
- DataScale: Magnification level.
- DataReference: An identifier to indicate the area of the DataBaseView that is displayed.
A Detail view inherits all applicable properties of the view specified as DataBaseView. In the properties of this view you can change the appearance of the detail outline:
- ViewHighlight Adjust: Clockwise rotation angle of the Detail view.
- ViewHighlight Line Color: Line color for the outline shape. Default setting for this is the setting Detail Highlight in the TechDraw preferences.
- ViewHighlight Line Style: Line style for the outline shape. Default setting for this is the setting Detail Highlight Style in the TechDraw preferences.
Detail = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDetail','Detail') ...TBA
- The space around the view outline and the view object border is by default a white area. This means it covers everything behind it. Sometimes there is not enough space on the page and you can save space by reducing this unnecessary white area.
This is done by putting the Detail view into a clip group:
Detail view in a clip group
- For detail views with a round outline, the position of the reference label in the base view can be changed via the base view property ViewHighlight Adjust.