Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TechDraw → Insert Active View (3D View)|
|Introduced in version|
The ActiveView tool inserts a copy of a 3D window into a drawing page.
A simple view from the 3D model that doesn't perform any complex calculation.
- Navigate to the 3D window you wish to copy.
- If you have multiple drawing pages in your document, you will also need to select the desired page in the tree.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open to allow you to specify the size, border and background color of the copy.
- Active views are static once generated, they are never updated with changes to the 3D model.
- ActiveView behind the scenes is a Symbol View. Its DataScale Type is therefore always initialized as Custom.
- This tool is still somewhat Experimental.
- DataWidth: The width of the generated view.
- DataHeight: The height of the generated view.
- DataBorder: The amount of empty space to be left around the view (but within Width x Height).
- DataBackground: Show or hide a background.
- DataBackground Color: Color to paint the background, if applicable.
- DataLine Width: Thickness of individual lines in the view.
- DataRender Mode: The render mode of the library Coin3d. The possible modes are
- AS_IS Render primitives as they are
- WIREFRAME Render polygons as wireframe
- POINTS Render only the vertices of the polygons and lines
- WIREFRAME_OVERLAY Render a wireframe overlay in addition to the AS_IS mode
- HIDDEN_LINE As WIREFRAME, but culls lines which would otherwise not be shown due to geometric culling
- BOUNDING_BOX Only show the bounding box of each object
import TechDrawGui TechDrawGui.copyActiveViewToSvgFile(Gui.ActiveDocument.ActiveView,"myFile.svg")