The 2PointCosmeticLine tool adds a cosmetic line between two Vertices (Points). The vertices can be 2d or 3d. The resulting line can be used for dimensioning. The line's appearance can be modified using the Remove Cosmetic Object tool.
Cosmetic line between 2 Points
- Select 2 Vertexes in a View or 2 Vertexes in the 3D view.
- Press the Add Cosmetic line between 2 Points button.
- A dialog will open where you can adjust the coordinates of the 2 points.
- A line will be added to connect the 2 selected Vertices. In the case of 3d points, the line will connect the projection of the selected points.
To delete a cosmetic line, select it and use the toolbar button Remove Cosmetic Object.
Editing Cosmetic Lines
To change the endpoints of a cosmetic line,
Add Cosmetic line between 2 Points
- Select the cosmetic line.
- Press Add Cosmetic line between 2 Points.
- A dialog will open where you can change the coordinates of the endpoints.
- Press OK to see your changes.
To change the appearance of a cosmetic line, use Remove Cosmetic Object.
Cosmetic lines have no properties of their own, as they are not document objects.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
Cosmetic lines can be created using the makeCosmeticLine(v1, v2) or makeCosmeticLine3d(v1, v2) methods of DrawViewPart.
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Dimensions: Insert Length Dimension, Insert Horizontal Dimension, Insert Vertical Dimension, Insert Radius Dimension, Insert Diameter Dimension, Insert Angle Dimension, Insert 3-Point Angle Dimension, Insert Horizontal Extent Dimension, Insert Vertical Extent Dimension, Link Dimension to 3D Geometry, Insert Balloon Annotation, Insert Landmark Dimension
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Faces, Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Add Cosmetic Line Through 2 points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Lines, Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot