Surface: Curve su Mesh
|Posizione nel menu|
|Surface → Curve on mesh...|
|Introdotto nella versione|
mesh.creates approximated spline segments on top of a selected
These edges created on top of the mesh may be further used to re-create the surface in a parametric way by using tools such asand .
Above left: mesh object with selected points on the surface. Above right: splines created by picking several points on the mesh. Lower left: a parametric surface reconstructed from the approximated splines, using Surface Sections.
- Selezionare Surface → Curve on mesh... nel menu.
- Passaggi secondo le esigenze.
- Impostare le opzioni e premere .
After pressing 3D view shows various options beside Create., the context menu (right-click) in the
- Close wire: if at least three points have been picked, this option will be available to join the last point to the first point with a line.
- Clear: it will erase the tentative points that have been picked on the mesh, and will allow you to pick new ones.
- Cancel: it will erase the tentative points that have been picked, and will stop the picking operation. Press again to pick points once more.
(Editor: this information must be verified)
- Snap tolerances to vertices: it defaults to
10 px; it indicates the minimum distance between one point and another when picking with the pointer.
- Split threshold: it defaults to
45 deg; it indicates the angular deviation from one point in the mesh to another point necessary to create a new spline instead of extending the previous spline.
Spline approximation, if it is, it will create spline objects, otherwise, it will create simple straight line objects (polyline).
- Tolerance to mesh: it defaults to
0.2. It is a parameter that takes into account the imperfections of the mesh; the smaller this number the more precise it will consider the mesh, particularly if it is a very fine mesh.
- Continuity: it defaults to
C2. It determines the continuity of the spline; it can be
- Maximum curve degree: it defaults to
5. It determines the maximum degree of the spline to approximate the surface; it can be a value from
- VistaControl Points (
Bool): it defaults to
false; if set to
true, it will show an overlay with the control points of the surface.