Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Help → What's This?|
|Introduced in version|
The Std WhatsThis command opens the help documentation for a specified command.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Click on a toolbar button or on a menu option.
- The help documentation for the selected command opens in a new window.
- Some commands are not documented, in that case the offline help will open on a blank page and report that the page could not be found.
- The documentation is based on Qt compiled HTML pages. For it to launch Qt Assistant must be installed.
- On Debian/Ubuntu and possibly other Linux systems, the offline documentation may need to be installed separately. The package is named freecad-doc, or freecad-daily-doc (for the freecad-daily PPA). See Installing Helpfile.
Read this post to understand how the commands must be named in the code to match the help pages in the wiki.