|View → Standard views → Axonometric → Isometric|
|Introduced in version|
|Std ViewDimetric, Std ViewTrimetric|
The Std ViewIsometric command realigns the camera in the active 3D view to obtain an isometric view. For a truly isometric view the 3D view must be in orthographic mode, but the command also works if the view is in perspective mode.
The axis cross and a cube in isometric view
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the button.
- Select the View → Standard views → Axonometric → Isometric option from the menu.
- Select the Standard views → Isometric option from the 3D view context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: .
- It is also possible to switch to isometric view via the Mini-cube menu of the Navigation Cube.
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
To change to isometric view use the
viewIsometric method of the ActiveView object. This method is not available if FreeCAD is in console mode.
import FreeCADGui FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.ActiveView.viewIsometric() FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.ActiveView.getViewDirection()