Jump to navigation Jump to search
|View → Toggle visibility|
|Introduced in version|
|Std ShowSelection, Std HideSelection, Std ToggleObjects, Std ShowObjects, Std HideObjects|
The Std ToggleVisibility command toggles the visibility of selected objects in 3D views.
- Select one or more objects.
- Invisible objects can be selected in the Tree view.
- Be careful when you use PartDesign bodies and objects used for Part Booleans. In most cases these should stay invisible. + to select all objects in the Tree view. This will also selects sub-elements of
- Objects used for Part Booleans are also selected when you use + in a 3D view.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Select the View → Toggle visibility option from the menu.
- Select the View → Visibility → Toggle visibility option from the menu.
- Select the Toggle visibility option from the Tree view context menu. This option is not available in the PartDesign Workbench.
- Select the Toggle visibility option from the 3D view context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: .
- The action of this command cannot be undone with Std Undo.
- The visibility of an object can also be changed through its related DataVisibility property in the Property editor or the Combo view.
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
hide methods of an object to change its visibility.
import FreeCADGui obj = FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.myObjectName if obj.Visibility == True: obj.hide() else: obj.show()