The Std Save command saves the active document.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Std Save button.
- Select the File → Save option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+S.
- For new documents: enter a filename in the dialog box and press the Save button.
- For new documents: press Esc or the Cancel button to abort the command.
- The last used file location is stored: Tools → Edit parameters... → BaseApp → Preferences → General → FileOpenSavePath.
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
To save a document use the
save method of the document object. A new document must first be saved with the
saveAs method of the document object. For a scripting example see Std New.
Template:Std Base navi/ro
- Installation: Windows, Linux, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting