Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Edit → Paste|
|Introduced in version|
|Std Cut, Std Copy, Std DuplicateSelection|
The Std Paste command pastes objects from the Clipboard into the active document.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the button.
- Select the Edit → Paste option from the menu.
- Select the Paste option from the Tree view context menu. Note that this option is only available when an exiting object has been selected.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: + .
- FreeCAD will automatically change the internal names and, depending on the preferences, labels of objects to avoid name conflicts.
- A spreadsheet cell alias that already exists in the spreadsheet will not be pasted.
- When you are working in a FreeCAD text window, an input box or a spreadsheet, the standard keyboard shortcut + , in almost all cases, does not call the Std Paste command but uses the Paste function from the OS instead.
- It is not possible to copy-paste native objects between FreeCAD and other applications.
- Duplicate labels are allowed if Tools → Edit parameters... → BaseApp → Preferences → Document → DuplicateLabels is set to
true. This setting can also be changed in the Preferences Editor.