Std LinkReplace replaces an object that is inside another for an App Link version of the former.
This operation acts on the "children" of a "parent" object as seen in the tree view. For example, given two objects (A and B) that participate in a Part Boolean operation, say,
C = A + B, the A object can be replaced by a Link, so that
C = A_link + B.
This operation can be done to replace nested objects that are in a complex assembly for a Link, which may be more efficient if that nested object is used many times in different sub-assemblies. The inverse operation is Std LinkUnlink. To create a generic Link see Std LinkMake.
- Make sure you have one object that is inside another one. For example, consider that a Part Fusion was used with two previously created objects, a Part Sphere and a Part Cylinder.
- Select the Sphere in the tree view.
- Press Std LinkReplace.
The original Sphere must now be outside the Part Fusion, and inside there must be a Link instead (a small overlay arrow is shown in the icon).
An object inside another one is replaced by a Link; the Link is now inside, and the real object is placed outside.
This can also be done with objects contained inside Std Parts and Std Groups.
An object inside a container is replaced by a Link; the Link is now inside, and the real object is placed outside.
This command creates a new App Link; its properties are described in Std LinkMake.
- Standard menu: File, Edit, View, Tools, Macro, Windows, Help
- Structure: Std Part, Std Group, Std LinkMake, Std LinkActions (Std LinkMakeRelative, Std LinkReplace, Std LinkUnlink, Std LinkImport, Std LinkImportAll)
- File: New, Open, Close, Close all, Save, Save as, Save a copy, Save all, Revert, Import, Export, Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select all, Delete, Placement, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Preferences
- View: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Standard views (Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate left, Rotate right), Freeze display (Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views), Draw style (As is, Flat lines, Shaded, Wireframe, Points, Hidden line, No shading), Bounding box, Stereo (red/cyan, quad buffer, interleaved rows, interleaved columns, Stereo off, Issue camera position), Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom), Document window (Docked, Undocked, Full screen), Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Visibility (Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement), Toggle navigation/edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Toolbars (File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure, Navigation), Panels (Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view), Tree view actions (Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection), Status bar
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save picture, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Execute macro, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Windows: Next, Previous, Tile, Cascade, Arrange icons, Windows
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD forum, FreeCAD FAQ, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing