Jump to navigation Jump to search
|File → Export...|
|Introduced in version|
|Std PrintPdf, Import Export, Import Export Preferences|
The Std Export command exports selected objects to a different file format. Many file formats are supported and for some formats multiple export options exist. See Import Export for more information.
- Select one or more objects. To avoid exporting invisible or duplicate objects:
- Be careful when you use + to select all objects. This will also select invisible objects.
- Select a PartDesign Body by only picking the body itself or its last feature.
- Select a Std Group or a Std Part by only picking the parent object itself or the objects nested inside it.
- Do not use the Std SelectAll command as it will also select sub-elements of PartDesign Bodies.
- For the same reason the Std BoxSelection command should be avoided in FreeCAD version 0.18 and earlier.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Select the correct file format in the dialog box.
- Enter a filename.
- Press the button.
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- To export a mesh object to a solid file format it must first be converted. See the Import from STL or OBJ tutorial.
- Some workbenches have additional export commands. See: Import Export.
- See: Import Export Preferences.
- The last used file location is stored: Tools → Edit parameters... → BaseApp → Preferences → General → FileOpenSavePath.
- The last used export filter is stored: Tools → Edit parameters... → BaseApp → Preferences → General → FileExportFilter.