|Edit → Toggle Edit mode|
|Introduced in version|
The Std Edit command activates or deactivates an object's edit mode.
- If no object is in edit mode: select a single object.
- Select the Edit → Toggle Edit mode option from the menu.
- Either the edit mode of the selected object is activated or the existing edit mode deactivated.
- Some tools will be disabled (greyed-out) in the user interface while an object's edit mode is active.
- Not all object types have an edit mode.
- The functionality available in edit mode depends on the object type.
- Edit mode can also be activated by double-clicking an object in the Tree view.
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
To activate an object's edit mode use the
setEdit method of the document object. This method is not available if FreeCAD is in console mode.
import FreeCADGui FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.setEdit("myObjectName",0)
The second argument is the EditMode. The following options are available:
0 = Default 1 = Transform 2 = Cutting 3 = Color
To deactivate an object's edit mode use the
resetEdit method of the document object.
import FreeCADGui FreeCADGui.ActiveDocument.resetEdit()