The Std DrawStyle command can override the effect of the ViewDisplay Mode property of objects in a 3D view.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Click on the black down arrow to the right of the Std DrawStyle button and select a style from the flyout.
- In the menu go to View → Draw style and select a style.
- In the 3D view context menu go to Draw style and select a style.
- Use one of the keyboard shortcut: V then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
Available draw styles
The As is style does not override the ViewDisplay Mode of objects.
4 identical objects each with a different Display Mode (from left to right: 'Points', 'Wireframe', 'Shaded' and 'Flat lines') with the 'As is' draw style applied
The Points style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. This style matches the 'Points' Display Mode. Vertices are displayed in solid colors. Edges and faces are not displayed.
The same objects with the 'Points' draw style applied
The Wireframe style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. This style matches the 'Wireframe' Display Mode. Vertices and edges are displayed in solid colors. Faces are not displayed.
The same objects with the 'Wireframe' draw style applied
The Hidden line style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. Objects are displayed as if converted to triangular meshes.
The same objects with the 'Hidden line' draw style applied
The No shading style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. Vertices, edges and faces are displayed in solid colors.
The same objects with the 'No shading' draw style applied
The Shaded style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. This style matches the 'Shaded' Display Mode. Vertices and edges are not displayed. Faces are illuminated depending on their orientation.
The same objects with the 'Shaded' draw style applied
The Flat lines style overrides the ViewDisplay Mode of objects. This style matches the 'Flat lines' Display Mode. Vertices and edges are displayed in solid colors. Faces are illuminated depending on their orientation.
The same objects with the 'Flat lines' draw style applied
- Objects in a 3D view also have a ViewDraw Style property. This property controls the linetype used for the edges. The Std DrawStyle command does not override this property.
- For a macro to toggle between two draw styles see: Macro Toggle Drawstyle.
- File: New, Open, Close, Close all, Save, Save as, Save a copy, Save all, Revert, Import, Export, Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select all, Delete, Placement, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Preferences
- View: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Standard views (Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate left, Rotate right), Freeze display (Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views), Draw style (As is, Flat lines, Shaded, Wireframe, Points, Hidden line, No shading), Bounding box, Stereo (red/cyan, quad buffer, interleaved rows, interleaved columns, Stereo off, Issue camera position), Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom), Document window (Docked, Undocked, Full screen), Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Visibility (Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement), Toggle navigation/edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Toolbars (File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure, Navigation), Panels (Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view), Tree view actions (Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection), Status bar
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save picture, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Execute macro, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Windows: Next, Previous, Tile, Cascade, Arrange icons, Windows
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD forum, FreeCAD FAQ, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing