The standard menu gives access to tools that can be used in all workbenches. The menu may look slightly different depending on the desktop environment (KDE, Gnome, Windows, OS X, etc.). Workbenches can also add sub-menus depending on how they decide to structure their tools.
The standard menu
The standard menu is composed of 7 sub-menus:
- The File menu provides tools related to file input and output.
- The Edit menu provides tools to change the model.
- 3D view and the view properties of objects in the model, and tools related to the display of interface components. The View menu provides tools to change the
- The Tools menu provides tools for debugging models, customizing FreeCAD's behavior, as well as auxiliary tools.
- macros. The Macro menu provides tools related to the recording and execution of
- Main view area windows. The Windows menu allows switching and rearranging of
- The Help menu provides access to the help system and links to the FreeCAD website and forum.