Spinning is the ability of FreeCAD to display a dynamic rotation of the model without user interaction.
Spinning is by default enabled. To enable or disable spinning go to the Edit → Preferences menu, change to the Display settings and click on Enable animation.
To make a 3D-object spin, rotate it with the mouse and release the mouse buttons before stopping the mouse motion. The object then continues with its rotation.
Another way to put in rotation an object is use Tools → View turntable command
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing