|Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Toggle construction geometry
|Introduced in version
This tool toggles sketch geometry from/to construction mode. It can be used on any type of geometry: line, arc or circle.
Construction geometry is an important tool of the sketcher. When using a sketch for a 3D operation, construction geometry is ignored.
In Edit sketch, construction geometry is shown as blue, and won't turn green when a sketch is fully constrained. Once you Leave sketch, construction geometry is hidden in the 3D view.
Construction lines can be used as rotation axis by the PartDesign Revolution feature.
- Select one or more sketch geometry in the 3D view
- Invoke the Sketcher ToggleConstruction tool using several ways:
- Clicking on the Toggle construction.
- Using the Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Toggle construction geometry entry in the Sketcher menu
Use Construction mode on some sketch elements,
and once you leave the sketcher editing mode, geometry that was turned into construction have become invisible in the 3D view (but are still present in the Sketcher editing mode).
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot