|Sketch → Sketcher geometries → Split|
|Introduced in version|
This tool allows to divide an edge into two identical ones, while most of the constraints are duplicated, so both parts remain constrained apart from split point position. For a special case of a circle, this is converted to an loose ends arc with existing circle constraints being transferred to the new arc.
- Press the button. The mouse pointer turns into a white cross with a red split symbol.
- Click on the edge in the place where you want to split it.
- From the line and arc edges, two new will be created, connected at the point clicked. A circle is converted to an arc with the very same center point and other constraints the original circle had.
- Pressing or pressing the right mouse button will terminate the function.
- For ellipse, parabola, hyperbola and B-splines the action is not yet supported.
- All coincidences are transferred - start point, end point and center point (if applicable).
- Point on object constraint is transferred to the closer newly created edge.
- Vertical and horizontal constraints are copied to both offsprings.
- Parallel and perpendicular constraints are copied for both line segments, for arc only once, to the closer part.
- Equality constraint is transferred only for resulting arc edges, line segments do not receive it.
- Symmetry constraint is currently not transferred.
- Block constraint is currently not transferred.
- Horizontal, vertical and length constraints between points are transferred to the outer points of the new edges.
- Point distance constraint is assigned only once, to the closer edge segment.
- Radius and diameter constraints are copied to any resulting arc.
- Angle constraint is currently not transferred