The command deletes unused elements aligned to internal geometry, or recreates the missing ones.
- Select an element of a sketch that supports internal alignment (currently only Ellipse/Arc and B-spline).
- Invoke the command by clicking Show/Hide internal geometry or choose Sketch → Sketcher tools → Show/Hide internal geometry or using the keyboard shortcut.
If there are free alignment places for the selected element, new construction geometry is created and aligned to the available places. If all alignment places are occupied, the unused internal geometry is deleted (the element is treated as unused if it is not constrained to anything else).
- Create a new ellipse. New ellipses are always fully-packed. You'll see an ellipse and a bunch of construction geometry: major diameter, minor diameter, foci.
- Select minor diameter line and hit Del. The diameter is gone, but the ellipse remains. How do we get the diameter back?
- Select the ellipse and invoke the Show/Hide internal geometry command. The diameter is restored.
- Now, constrain the major diameter of the ellipse to some length. Select the ellipse and invoke the Show/Hide internal geometry command.
Result: Minor diameter and foci are deleted, but the major diameter is kept, because it participates in other constraints. Ellipse's center remains too, because it is inherent, like center of a circle.
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot