|Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain point onto object|
|Introduced in version|
|Sketcher Constrain Coincident|
Affixes a point onto another object such as a line, arc, or sketch axis.
- Select the point you want to affix onto a line/arc/etc. (Result: Once selected the point will become green).
- Select the line you want affixed onto the point you have just selected (Result: Once selected the line becomes green).
- Invoke the Constrain point onto object tool using several methods:
- Press the button in the toolbar.
- Use the + keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain point onto object entry in the top menu.
Note: The order you select the line and point does not matter. The point will always move to line. In other words, the line remains fixed.
The constraint can be created from macros and from the python console by using the following command:
Sketchis a sketch object.
LineMovingis the number that designates the line, which contains the point that has to be moved onto the
LineFixed(the line which is fixed).
PointOfLineMovingis the number of the vertex of line
LineMoving, that has to be moved onto the
LinedFixedis the number of the line to be affixed onto the point
The Sketcher scripting page explains how to identify the numbers that designate lines and points.