The Constrain Parallel constraint forces two selected straight lines or edges to be parallel to each other.
The sketch contains two randomly oriented lines.
Select both lines by clicking successively on each of them.
Apply the Constrain Parallel constraint by either:
- Pressing the Constrain Parallel button from the Sketcher constraints toolbarby selecting the Constraint Parallel menu item from the Sketcher constraints sub menu of the Sketcher (Sketcher workbench selected) or Part Design (Part Design workbench selected) menu item.
- Use the Shift + P keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain parallel entry from the top menu.
Result: The selected lines are forced to be parallel to each other. Changing the orientation of one line will change the orientation of the other to be the same.
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Properties, Mouse Model; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing