|Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain distance|
|Introduced in version|
|Constrain horizontal distance, Constrain vertical distance|
Constrain distance constrains the length of a line, the perpendicular distance between a point and a line or the distance between two points to have a specified value.
- Pick two points or one line or one point and one line.
- Invoke the command several ways:
- Press the button in the Sketcher toolbar.
- Use the + keyboard shortcut. (D is for Distance)
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain distance entry from the top menu.
- A pop up dialog opens to edit or confirm the value. Press to validate.
Note: the constraint tool can also be started with no prior selection. To set the perpendicular distance between a point and a line, the point needs to be selected first. By default the command will be in continue mode to create new constraints; press the right mouse button oronce to quit the command.
If applicable please consider using theor constraints instead. These constraints are more robust and faster to calculate than the ConstrainDistance tool.