This constraint constrains the value of the diameter of a circle or arc to have a specific value. If more than one circle or arc is selected before launching the command, a prompt will ask if all selected elements should share the same diameter. In the case of an affirmative response, one diameter constraint will be added, and Constrain equal constraints will be added to all elements. In the negative, separate diameter constraints will be created for each circle/arc but with equal values to be edited separately after creation.
How to use
- Pick one or more circles or arcs.
- Press the Constrain diameter button.
- A pop up dialog opens to edit or confirm the value. Press OK to validate. In case multiple circles/arcs were selected, all constraints will adopt this value. Edit their separate values by double-clicking on the dimension label in the 3D view; or in the Constraints list, double-click on the constraint or right-click and select Change value.
- Optionally the dimension label and line can be moved and rotated in the 3D view by clicking on the value and dragging while keeping the left mouse button pressed.
Note: the constraint tool can also be started with no prior selection. By default the command will be in continue mode to create new constraints; press the right mouse button or Esc once to quit the command.
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing