|Ship design → Load an example ship geometry
|Introduced in version
Ship works over Ship entities, that must be created on top of provided geometry. Geometry must be a solid, or set of solids, following criteria must be taken into account:
- All hull geometry must be provided (including symmetric bodies).
- Starboard geometry must be included at negatives y domain.
- Origin (0,0,0) point is the Midship section (Midpoint between after and forward perpendicular) and base line intersection.
Ship sign criteria
In order to help new users, Ship includes a geometries examples loader, with the following to choose from:
- Series 60 from Iowa University
- Wigley Canonical Ship
- Series 60 Catamaran
- Wigley Catamaran
- Invoke the Ship Geometries Example Loader by pressing on the icon
- A task dialog will display. Select Series 60 from Iowa University and press Accept
- Tool loads new document with s60_IowaUniversity geometry.
Warning, before editing anything! You are now working with the original example file. To preserve the original unedited example, you must first save it as a new file before editing anything.
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting