Arkusz blachy: Zagnij blachę
|SheetMetal → Fold a Wall|
|Introduced in version|
It can be used with a pre-cut blank to
- create a perforated bend zone
- leave planar sections within the bend area and beyond e.g. tabs. (needs gaps in the bend line)
Pre-cut blank and bend line with two gaps -> perforated bend zone with some still planar geometry
- Select the face to be bent.
- Hold down the key (or the key on macOS).
- Select the coplanar sketch (i.e. lying on the same plane) containing the bend line (segments) (preferably from the tree view).
- Release the key (or the key).
- Activate the SheetMetal AddFoldWall command using one of the following:
- Change the value of the property DANEPosition to adjust the position of the bend according to the bend line.
The bend line(s) lying in the middle of the perforation -> to keep the bend centred the same way the property DANEPosition has to be set to
- The bend line sketch has to be coplanar to the selected face.
- The bend line segments have to be colinear to each other.
See also: Property editor.
A SheetMetal Fold object is derived from a Part Feature object and inherits all its properties. It also has the following additional properties:
- DANELabel (
String): Default value:
Fold(+ a sequential number for second and following items).
The user editable name of this object, it may be any arbitrary UTF8 string.
- DANE (hidden)Base Feature (
Link): Base Feature. Link to the parent feature.
- DANE (hidden)_Body (
LinkHidden): Hidden link to the parent body.
- DANEBend Line (
Link): "Bend Reference Line List". Links to the bend line objects.
- DANEPosition (
Enumeration): "Bend Line Position".
- DANEangle (
Angle): "Bend Angle". Default angle:
- DANEbase Object (
LinkSub): "Base Object". Link to the planar face to be bent.
- DANEinvert (
Bool): "Invert Bend Direction". Default:
- DANEinvertbend (
Bool): "Invert Solid Bend Direction". Default:
trueswaps the side of the line to be bent.
- DANEkfactor (
FloatConstraint): "Neutral Axis Position". Default:
- DANEradius (
Length): "Bend Radius". Default:
- DANEunfold (
Bool): "Unfold Bend". Default:
A simple clip
This clip is made of a blank that receives three folds and so we need four sketches prepared in advance:
- - one for the outline plus slot (blank)
- - one for the bend at the tip
- - one for the upward bend
- - one for the downward bend
Easiest way to guarantee that one face of the blank and all folding lines are coplanar is to create all sketches on the same plane - the XY_Plane in this case.
The folding lines could be created with other tools but hey, we have a Sketcher!
Sketches on their common plane and their representation in the design tree
- Create a blank
- Fold the tip
- Select the blank's bottom face
- Select the sketch named Tip Fold line (preferably from the tree view)
(and don't forget the control/command key )
- Press the
or use the keyboard shortcut: then
- The fold should be 90° down and so some values in the properties window need to be set e.g.:
- the angle value to 60°
- the invert value to true for an upward bend
- Create the downward fold
- To create the upward fold
Note!: In real life the upward fold must be done before the downward fold. Only the virtual world of CAD allows us to bend through solid material. This way the orientation of the static section doesn't change.
All sketches lie on the same plane to avoid sketches attached to moveable faces.