Sandbox:Add FEM Solver Tutorial
|Add FEM Solver|
|Time to complete|
In this tutorial we will take the Mystran solver as an example to show how to add a solver to FreeCAD. Please make sure you have read and understood Extend FEM Module before reading this tutorial. The detail of adding the Mystran Solver to FreeCAD master: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/compare/a03eb6b9625ba...dfc01ec949525
The task can be split into seven parts:
- Mesh exporter. Write out Mesh or Case file from FreeCAD to the solver.
- Results importer. Read the solver's result file back to FreeCAD.
- Solver object. Needs changes in solver settings, unit tests, ObjectsFem modules as well.
- Task and writer module. Here is where the main solver input writing happens.
- Gui tool to create a solver.
- Gui preference tab to set the solver binary path.
- A solver input writing unit test. Best to take the ccx cantilever. This is available for all mesh element types.