The Rocket Workbench is a set of tools for designing rockets and rocket components. The intended audience is builders of model and amateur rockets of all types and sizes.
Currently, the tool is used primarily to create individual components rather than complete rockets. Based on Part Workbench, the designed components can then be 3D printed, CNC manufactured, or laser cut. Future development will allow the modeler to construct complete rockets.
Parts are created by specifying parameters in the task dialog. No drawing is required.
Components created using the Rocket Workbench are essentially parts similar to what you would create using the Part Workbench. They can be combined with other parts or modified using that workbench. The advantage of using the Rocket Workbench is that parts can be created with far fewer operations.
- Nose Cone: Create a nose cone
- Transition: Create a transition
- Body Tube: Create a hollow body tube
- Bulkhead: Create a bulkhead
- Centering Ring: Create a centering ring
- Fin: Create a fin
- Calculate Ejection Charge: Calculate the amount of black powder required for ejection
- Calculate Parachute Size: Calculate the parachute size required for safe recovery
- Calculate Thrust To Weight: Calculate the minimum average thrust required for a safe flight
- Calculate Vent Hole Size: Calculate the required vent hole size for barometric altimeters
Tutorials and Learning
FreeCAD Rocket Workbench Tutorial Playlist on YouTube