|Rocket → Body Tube|
|Introduced in version|
Body tubes are the basic building block of all rockets. It typically contain the motor and payload, and server as an attachment point for the fins and nose cone.
The body tube tool can be used to create many components other than body tubes, for example: motor mounts, engine blocks, and launch lugs. Centering rings can be thought of as short body tubes with very thick walls, although the workbench has a tool specifically for them.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Set options and press .
These parameters are provided for information and have no effect on the design of the component.
- DataManufacturer: Manufacturer when known
- DataPart Number: Manufacturer part number
- DataDescription: Description of the component
- DataMaterial: Material when known
- DataLength: The length of the body tube
- DataInner Diameter: The diameter of the inside of the body tube
- DataOuter Diameter: The diameter of the outside of the body tube
Tutorials and Learning
Rocket Workbench Body Tubes, Bulkheads, and Centering Rings Tutorial on YouTube