Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purpose and principles
This project should lay down the principal technologies for a realistic robot simulation in FreeCAD. In the first step it targets the standard 6-axis industrial robot.
Libs in field
- OROCOS portable C++ libraries for advanced machine and robot control
- ROBOOP A robotics object oriented package in C++
- Beremiz an OpenSource PLC.
Standards for communication
- OPC UA a machine to machine communication protocol for industrial automation (PLC)
-  German initiative to improve the accuracy of robot controllers and optimize offline robot programming
- Realistic Robot Simulation (RRS) RRS-2, Virtual Robot Controller (VRC) Interface
Middleware for comunication
- D-Bus a software bus, an inter-process communication (IPC), and a remote procedure call (RPC) mechanism that allows communication between multiple computer programs
- CORBA enables collaboration between systems on different operating systems, programming languages, and computing hardware
Commercial products in that field
- Kinematic definition --> link outdated!!!
- Denavit–Hartenberg parameters parameters associated with a particular convention for attaching reference frames to the links of robot manipulator
- Roboter VRML modele --> link outdated!!!
- Visual representation of 6-Axis robots (done)
- Forward and inverse kinematic calculation of arbitrary robots (done)
- RobotLib, dynamic readably robot types (work in progress)
- Trajectory simulation (work in progress)
- collision simulation
- detection of configuration changes and singularities
- time estimation
- used volume (planed)
- Post processor for Kuka robots (work in progress)
- Process and work cell control (planed)
- Movie making out of simulation (planed)
- Trajectory and Waypoint management.