Reverse Engineering workbench icon
The Reverse Engineering Workbench is intended to give you specific tools to convert shapes, solids, and meshes into parametric FreeCAD features. It is still in development.
At the moment there is no functionality present in this workbench. It is used as a sandbox by the programmers.
The Reverse Engineering (RE) tools are all located in the RE menu and the RE toolbar that appear when you load the RE workbench from the workbench dropdown menu.
- Approximate a B-spline surface:
Link to appropriate threads discussing this workbench
- Installation: Windows, Linux, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting