Reverse Engineering workbench icon
The Reverse Engineering Workbench is intended to give you specific tools to convert shapes, solids, and meshes into parametric FreeCAD features. It is still in development.
At the moment there is no functionality present in this workbench. It is used as a sandbox by the programmers.
The Reverse Engineering (RE) tools are all located in the RE menu and the RE toolbar that appear when you load the RE workbench from the workbench dropdown menu.
- Approximate a B-spline surface:
Link to appropriate threads discussing this workbench
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot