Pyramids and polyhedrons Workbench
This workbench creates:
- Parametric pyramids
- Parametric polyhedrons: tetrahedron, hexahedron, octahedron, dodecahedron, icosahedron, icosahedron_truncated
- Geodesic spheres (with divisions 1 to 10)
Parameters like radius and side, ...can be adjusted just like with normal parts
Install via the Addon Manager
Is not yet possible - work in progress.
Go to https://github.com/eddyverl/FreeCad-Pyramids-and-Polyhedrons and follow the instructions over there. Further details about this workbench can also be found there.
- Once installed, open workbench Pyramids-and-Polyhedrons
- Click on a part of your choice and adjust the parameters to your preferences.
Tutorials on youtube
- Pyramids use and possibilities : https://youtu.be/H8IgmzpMpSg
- More advanced, build a model of a geodesic dome : https://youtu.be/FsYHYnVcVvI
Please direct your feedback, ideas, thoughts about this workbench to the dedicated FreeCAD forum thread (link). Bugs can also be submitted to the GitHub repo issue queue.