|Additional tool to add many macros with a single action.|
How to install macros
How to customize toolbars
|Date last modified|
Additional tool that lets you install and manage many macros with a single action. It is composed of two parts: Plugin Loader and Plugin Manager. This plugin also updates itself!
Requirements and Limitations
- yaml Parser.
- For windows and macos the yaml file must be modified and should work too.
- For each software package there is a description with name, internet-soure, local destination directory and all information we later need too (checksum, dependencies etc. ).
- To install yaml
sudo apt-get install python-yaml
- To install the installer.py you need write access to that directory: /usr/lib/freecad/Mod/plugins/
- If you are the only user of your pc
sudo chmod a+rw /usr/lib/freecad/Mod/plugins/ sudo chmod a+rw /usr/lib/freecad/Mod/
- if you work in a multiuser environment you still have to run the installations under root-access.
Pluginloader is a Dock Window. You find it under menu View -> views -> pluginloader and can activate it. The other parameter you find under menu -> Tools -> Edit parameters. Plugins ==> showdock - this should be set to True
- create the directory AppHomePath/Mod/plugins
- download the zipfile of the complete project to your computer.
- unzip it - you will get a directotry freecad-pluginloader-master
- move the content of this directory into AppHomePath/Mod/plugins
- you can modify this file if you want: pluginloaderconfig.yaml
- You can also use this script, it makes the same: installer
- Copy and paste into the FreeCAD python comsole window
- It works on Linux.
- You can customize pluginmanger to your own needs (will be translated):