The Plot Workbench allows the user to edit and save output plots created from other workbenches and tools.
With the Plot workbench you can edit the working area, the axes, labels, titles, line styles, and other elements of plots.
The Plot workbench is an abstraction of the matplotlib Python library conveniently adapted for FreeCAD. To use the Plot functions, the version of
matplotlib installed in your system should match the Python version that FreeCAD uses, that is, if FreeCAD uses Python 2.7, you should have
matplotlib for the same version.
- Save plot: Saves the plot in several formats. You can select the output size and resolution too.
- Axes: Add, remove or edit plot axes.
- Series: Edit series title and styling.
- Grid: Show/hide grid.
- Legend: Show/hide legend.
- Labels: Edit labels.
- Positions: Set elements positions.
Since the Plot Workbench is a layer on top of
matplotlib, you are free to use any function from this library on plot instances. See Scripting and macros for examples.