The Plot Workbench is unmaintained since v0.17. As of v0.19 it is now designated an external workbench
, so it is no longer included in the base system. If you have experience with the topic and are interested in maintaining it, please see the project's repository
The Plot Workbench allows the user to edit and save output plots created from other workbenches and tools.
With the Plot workbench you can edit the working area, the axes, labels, titles, line styles, and other elements of plots.
The Plot workbench is an abstraction of the matplotlib Python library conveniently adapted for FreeCAD. To use the Plot functions, the version of
matplotlib installed in your system should match the Python version that FreeCAD uses, that is, if FreeCAD uses Python 2.7, you should have
matplotlib for the same version.
- Save plot: Saves the plot in several formats. You can select the output size and resolution too.
- Axes: Add, remove or edit plot axes.
- Series: Edit series title and styling.
- Grid: Show/hide grid.
- Legend: Show/hide legend.
- Labels: Edit labels.
- Positions: Set elements positions.
Since the Plot Workbench is a layer on top of
matplotlib, you are free to use any function from this library on plot instances. See scripting examples for examples.
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting