|Path → Path Modification → Hop
|Introduced in version
This tool creates a path that performs a vertical rapid move to a given height, then a horizontal rapid move, in order to reach another point, then the necessary vertical move, if needed, to actually reach the point. The whole movement forms a "bridge", or hop, allowing the cutting head to avoid obstacles.
- Select one Path object which is the next object this hop needs to reach
- Press the Hop button
- Adjust the HopHeight property.
- DataNextObject: The path object to be reached after the hop
- DataHopHeight: The height at which the machine head must travel horizontally
- Path Commands: Job, Post Process, Export Template, G-Code Inspector, Simulator, Tool Manager, Complete Loop, Profile, Pocket, Drilling, Engrave, Mill Face, Helix, 3D Pocket
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot