|Path → Contour|
|Introduced in version|
The Path Contour tool creates a simple external contour cut of complex 3D Part-based objects. The entire Job Model serves as the input for the Operation--regardless of whether any Body Geometry is selected when the Contour command is invoked. A Start point can be enabled from the Operation editor, using a location defined in the →
The Path Contour object is made to be part of a
- Invoke the Path Contour command several ways:
- Press the button in the Path toolbar
- Use the Path → from the Path menu.
- Adjust the desired properties
- Add, if not already done, the elements which should be the base for the path
- you can also delete or change to other elements
- DataStart Depth: Starting Depth of Tool- starting depth in Z
- DataFinal Depth: Final Depth of Tool- lowest cutting level in Z
- DataStep Down: Step Down of Tool- the amount of material which will be removed at once
- DataSafe Height: The height above the workpiece where rapid motions are allowed.
- DataClearance Height: The height needed to clear clamps and obstructions
- DataTool Controller: Defines the Tool controller used in the Operation
- DataCut Side: Defines on which side the cut should be done
- DataDirection: Specifies a CW or CCW move for the cut
- DataExtra Offset: Added to the tool diameter to leave some material for a finish path
- DataUse Start Point: Set the start point of the path manually (not implemented yet)
- DataUse Compensation: Creates a path with offset of the tool radius to respect the parts dimensions
See also: FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
#Place code example here.