Creates a simple parametric torus, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3, radius1 and radius2 as parameters.
- Switch to the Part workbench.
- Invoke the Part Torus command several ways:
- Press the button.
- Use the Part → Torus entry in the top menu.
Result: The torus will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation.
The angle parameters (angle1, angle2, angle3), as well as the radius parameter (radius1 , radius2) parameters permit to parametrize the torus, see next section.
A torus can be assimilated to a small disc that makes a circular orbit around an imaginary axe. Thus the parametric torus is defined by the following parameters:
- Radius1: Radius of the circle around which the disc circulate
- Radius2: Radius of the disc defining the form of the torus
- Angle1: 1st angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle2: 2nd angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle3: 3rd angle to define the circumference of the torus.
as well as the standard set of placement parameters. The pictures below give a visual overview of the parameters antecedently mentioned:
The parameter Radius1 has a value of 20 mm.
The parameter Radius2 has a value of 2 mm.
The parameter Angle1 has a value of -90°. Notice that, the "angle measure" tool cannot display negative angle. Considered the displayed value in picture as "-90°".
The parameter Angle2 has a value of 90°.
The parameter Angle3 has a value of 90°.
- Modifying objects: Booleans, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting