|Part → Torus|
|Introduced in version|
Creates a simple parametric torus, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3, radius1 and radius2 as parameters.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
Result: The torus will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation.
The angle parameters (angle1, angle2, angle3), as well as the radius parameter (radius1 , radius2) parameters permit to parametrize the torus, see next section.
A torus can be assimilated to a small disc that makes a circular orbit around an imaginary axe. Thus the parametric torus is defined by the following parameters:
- Radius1: Radius of the circle around which the disc circulate
- Radius2: Radius of the disc defining the form of the torus
- Angle1: 1st angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle2: 2nd angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle3: 3rd angle to define the circumference of the torus.
as well as the standard set of placement parameters. The pictures below give a visual overview of the parameters antecedently mentioned: