Creates a simple parametric torus, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3, radius1 and radius2 as parameters.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Torus button in the toolbar.
- Select the Part → Primitives → Torus from the menu bar.
Result: The torus will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation.
The angle parameters (angle1, angle2, angle3), as well as the radius parameter (radius1, radius2) parameters permit to parametrize the torus, see next section.
A torus can be assimilated to a small disc that makes a circular orbit around an imaginary axe. Thus the parametric torus is defined by the following parameters:
- Radius1: Radius of the circle around which the disc circulate
- Radius2: Radius of the disc defining the form of the torus
- Angle1: 1st angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle2: 2nd angle to cut / define the disc of the torus
- Angle3: 3rd angle to define the circumference of the torus.
as well as the standard set of placement parameters. The pictures below give a visual overview of the parameters antecedently mentioned:
The parameter Radius1 has a value of 20 mm.
The parameter Radius2 has a value of 2 mm.
The parameter Angle1 has a value of -90°. Notice that, the "angle measure" tool cannot display negative angle. Considered the displayed value in picture as "-90°".
The parameter Angle2 has a value of 90°.
The parameter Angle3 has a value of 90°.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot