Creates a simple parametric sphere, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3 and radius parameters.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the button in the toolbar.
- Select the Part → Primitives → Sphere from the menu bar.
Result: The sphere will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation. The angle parameters permit to make a portion of sphere instead of a full sphere (they are set to 360° by default).
The parametric sphere is defined by the following parameters:
- Angle 1
- Angle 2
- Angle 3
- as well as the standard set of placement parameters
The picture below gives an overview of a parametric sphere with parameters different from the default value.
- DataRadius: Radius of the sphere
- DataAngle 1: 1nd angle to cut / define the sphere
- DataAngle 2: 2nd angle to cut / define the sphere
- DataAngle 3: 3rd angle to cut / define the sphere
Because it is quite difficult to explain the meaning of the parameters angle 1, angle 2, angle 3, the picture below gives an explanation about these parameters with following values: angle 1 = -45°, angle 2 = 45° and angle 3= 90°.
- Modifying objects: Booleans, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Installation: Windows, Linux, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting