Creates a simple parametric sphere, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3 and radius parameters.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Sphere button in the toolbar.
- Select the Part → Primitives → Sphere from the menu bar.
Result: The sphere will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation. The angle parameters permit to make a portion of sphere instead of a full sphere (they are set to 360° by default).
The properties of the object can be edited, either in the Property editor or by double-clicking the object in the Tree view.
- DataRadius: Radius of the sphere
- DataAngle 1: 1nd angle to cut / define the sphere
- DataAngle 2: 2nd angle to cut / define the sphere
- DataAngle 3: 3rd angle to cut / define the sphere
Because it is quite difficult to explain the meaning of the parameters angle 1, angle 2, angle 3, the picture below gives an explanation about these parameters with following values: angle 1 = -45°, angle 2 = 45° and angle 3= 90°.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot