|Part → Revolve
|Introduced in version
Revolves the selected object around a given axis. The following shape types are allowed, and lead to the listed output shapes:
||Compound solid (Compsolid)
A Sketch can be used as well. Solids or compound solids are not allowed as input shapes. Normal compounds are currently not allowed either.
The Angle argument specifies how far the object is to be turned. The coordinates move the origin of the axis of revolving, relative to the origin of the coordinate system.
If you select a user defined axis, the numbers define the direction of the revolving axis with respect to the coordinate system: If the Z coordinate is 0 and the Y and X coordinate are non-zero, then the axis will lie in the X-Y-plane. Its angle is such that its tangent is the ratio of the given X and Y coordinates.
- If the object to revolve intersects the rotation axis the operation will fail in most cases.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot