|Part → Create projection on surface...|
|Introduced in version|
Project a logo, text or any face, wire, edge to a surface.
With this function it is possible to create a projection solid, face, or wire. With the created shape e.g. it is possible to create a boolean cut.
Projection on a curved surface
- Select the face you want to project to.
- The projection direction
- When entering the function, the current camera direction is used for the projection direction
- To change the direction, use the camera direction to get your projection direction and press "Get current camera direction"
- Or press , , to toggle the direction x=1,x=-1,y=1,y=-1,z=1,z=-1
- Choose what kind of shape you want to add to your projection object.
- Add Face: Select a face you want to add.
- Add wire: Select a edge. The algorithm takes the wire the edge belongs to and adds it to the projection object.
- Add edge: Select a edge. The selected edge is added to the projection object.
- Choose the what kind of shape you like to create.
- Show all: Shows if possible the projected solid object.
- Show faces: Shows if possible the projected face object.
- Show edges: Shows the projected edge object.
- Extrude height is the value the solid is extrude along the reversed projection direction.
- Solid depth is the value the projection object is moved along the projection direction.
- When you are finish with the projection object hit and the projection object is created.
- Extrude height
- The height value a valid projection solid is extruded along the reversed projection direction
- Solid depth
- The depth value a valid projection object is moved along the projection direction
- Camera / projection direction
- "Get current camera direction" sets the current camera view for the projection direction
- X: toggle the projection direction between x=1 and x=-1
- Y: toggle the projection direction between y=1 and y=-1
- Z: toggle the projection direction between z=1 and z=-1
The projection algorithm sometimes is not able to create a valid projection face. If this happens a solid also can't be created.
If this happens:
- Check if your starting face is valid.
- Check if the projection direction is valid. (Can the face be projected to surface? Or does it not hit the surface?)
- Try to use the "Show edges" option. Are the edges projected well? Try to create a face with the edges by hand.
- "Project faces onto bended surface" Forum thread