|Part -> CreatePrimitives...|
Primitive shapes that can be created with the Part Workbench.
To create a primitive, either
- press the button in the toolbar.
- select the Part → Create primitives... from the menu bar.
- In the appearing dialog select primitive type, set its parameters and location, finally press
The dialog keeps open so that you can subsequently create further primitives.
To edit a primitives there are 2 ways:
Using the dialog: introduced in version 0.19
- Select the primitive in the tree and double-click on it.
- The same dialog will open that was also used to create the primitive. Change there the parameters and you get a live preview of the changed primitive.
- To finish the editing press .
Using the property editor:
- Select the primitive in the tree.
- Edits its properties in the Properties table.
Some of the available (parametric) geometric primitives that are possible:
- Plane: inserts a simple parametric plane 10 x 10 mm, with the parameters of position, length, and width.
- Box/Cube: inserts a parametric, rectangular cuboid, geometric primitive into the active document.
- Cylinder: Inserts a simple parametric cylinder, with position, angle, radius and height parameters in to he active document.
- Cone: Inserts a parametric truncated Cone in to the active document.
- Sphere: Inserts a parametric sphere, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3 and radius parameters.
- Ellipsoid: Inserts a parametric Ellipsoid solid in to the active document.
- Torus: Inserts a simple parametric torus, with position, angle1, angle2, angle3, radius1 and radius2 as parameters in to the active document.
- Prism: Inserts a solid defined by a regular polygon cross section and a height in to the active document. introduced in version 0.14
- Wedge: Inserts a parametric Wedge object in to the active document.
- Helix: Inserts a Helix geometric primitive in to the active document. Common usage for Helix is creating threads.
- Spiral: Inserts a Spiral geometric primitive in to the active workbench. introduced in version 0.14
- Circle: Inserts a circular curved edge in to the active document.
- Ellipse: Inserts an elliptical curved edge in to the active document.
- Point (Vertex): Inserts a Point (vertex) geometric primitive in to the active document.
- Line (Edge): creates a simple line segment delimited by two vertices.
- Regular Polygon: Inserts a RegularPolygon geometric primitive in to the active document. introduced in version 0.14
All part primitives are objects which derive from the
Part::Primitive class. This class in turn derives from the basic Part Feature object (
Simplified diagram of the relationships between the core objects in the program. The
Part::Primitive class is derived from the
Part::Feature object. It includes an extension that allows it to be attached to faces and planes.
See also: Part scripting
Test the creation of the primitives with a script. introduced in version 0.19
This can be run from the Python console.
import parttests.part_test_objects as pto pto.create_test_file("example_file")
This script is located in the installation directory of the program, and can be examined to see how the basic primitives are built.
It can be used as input to the program as well.