Part Measure Linear
|→ Measure Linear|
|Introduced in version|
This tool measures the distance between two selected topology elements (vertex, edge, face) and displays the measurement in the 3D view. The shortest distance between the two elements is shown in red, and delta measurements (distances parallel to standard X, Y, Z axes) are shown in green.
- Select any combination of two elements: vertices, edges, faces
- Invoke the command several ways:
- Press the button.
- Use the → Measure Linear entry in the top menu
- Alternatively the command can be launched without prior selection. A selection dialog then opens in the Tasks panel. A Control widget also provides buttons to reset the selection, toggle the measurement display in the 3D view, and clear all measurements.
- Measurements are automatically discarded when closing the document.