|Ubicación en el Menú|
|Part → Create Primitives → Helix|
|Entornos de trabajo|
|Atajo de teclado por defecto|
|Introducido en versión|
Thegeometric primitive creates a helix shape, defined by a radius, a pitch, and a total height.
A common usage for the helix primitive is for creating screw threads in conjunction with a closed profile, and the operation. This process works essentially the same in the PartDesign Workbench by using the tool.
- Switch to the Part Workbench.
- The Create Primitives dialogue can be accessed several ways:
- Pressing the button located in the Part toolbar.
- Using the Part → Create primitives → Helix entry in the Part menu.
- Pitch:The pitch corresponds to the space between two consecutive "turns" of the helix measured along the main axis of the helix.
- Height: The height corresponds to the overall height of the helix measured along the main axis of the helix.
- Radius: The radius corresponds to the radius of the circle built by the helix by viewing the helix from the top or bottom.
- Angle: Per default the helix is built on a imaginary cylinder. With this option it is possible to build the helix on a imaginary cone. This angle corresponds to the angle of the cone. The value must be comprised between 0 and +90 deg.
- Right-handed or Left-handed: This parameter specifies the handedness of the helix.
- X: The main axis of the helix will be translated along the x axis of the value you indicate in this field.
- Y: The main axis of the helix will be translated along the y axis of the value you indicate in this field.
- Z: The main axis of the helix will be translated along the z axis of the value you indicate in this field.
- Direction: Per default the main axis of the helix is the z axis. Here you have the possibility to edit the main axis of the helix. If you select the parameter "user defined..." , you will be invited to indicate the main axis of the helix by entering the coordinates of its vector.
- 3D View: allows you select center in the 3D view
Once you have created the helix you have the possibility to edit its parameters.
The parameters in this menu are similar to those described above.