|Ubicación en el Menú|
|Part → Create Primitives → Ellipsoid|
|Entornos de trabajo|
|Atajo de teclado por defecto|
|Introducido en versión|
The Part Ellipsoid command creates a parametric Ellipsoid solid.
The shape produced is limited in FreeCAD to being a solid (optionally truncated) spheroid, the shape you would create by rotating an ellipse around one of its axis. By default it is a Oblate Spheroid, the shape you would create by rotating an ellipse around its minor axis. The parameters can be changed to form a Prolate Spheroid.
The default spheroid in FreeCAD will have a circle for any cross section parallel to the XY plane. The cross section parallel to the other two planes will be an ellipse.
In mathematics, an Ellipsoid would have an elliptical cross section in all three planes.
A parametric Ellipsoid solid is available from the Create Primitives dialogue in the Part workbench.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- Access the Ellipsoid command several ways:
- Radius 1, by default the minor radius parallel to the Z-axis,
- Radius 2, by default the major radius parallel to the XY plane, it is also the maximum radius of the circular cross section
- Angle 1, lower truncation of the ellipsoid, parallel to the circular cross section (-90 degrees in a full spheroid)
- Angle 2, upper truncation of the ellipsoid, parallel to the circular cross section (90 degrees in a full spheroid)
- Angle 3, angle of rotation of the elliptical cross section (360 degrees in a full spheroid)