The Part Ellipsoid command creates a parametric Ellipsoid solid.
The shape produced is limited in FreeCAD to being a solid (optionally truncated) spheroid, the shape you would create by rotating an ellipse around one of its axis. By default it is a Oblate Spheroid, the shape you would create by rotating an ellipse around its minor axis. The parameters can be changed to form a Prolate Spheroid.
The default spheroid in FreeCAD will have a circle for any cross section parallel to the XY plane. The cross section parallel to the other two planes will be an ellipse.
In mathematics, an Ellipsoid would have an elliptical cross section in all three planes.
A parametric Ellipsoid solid is available from the Create Primitives dialogue in the Part workbench.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- Access the Ellipsoid command several ways:
- Through the Create Primitives dialogue, pressing the Primitives button located in the Part toolbar
- Using the Part → Create primitives → Ellipsoid entry in the Part menu
Základní geometrické tvary
- Poloměr 1
- Poloměr 2
- U parametric:
- V parametric:
- V parametric:
- Radius 1, by default the minor radius parallel to the Z-axis,
- Radius 2, by default the major radius parallel to the XY plane, it is also the maximum radius of the circular cross section
- Angle 1, lower truncation of the ellipsoid, parallel to the circular cross section (-90 degrees in a full spheroid)
- Angle 2, upper truncation of the ellipsoid, parallel to the circular cross section (90 degrees in a full spheroid)
- Angle 3, angle of rotation of the elliptical cross section (360 degrees in a full spheroid)
- Modifying objects: Booleans, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment, Projection on surface
- Installation: Windows, Linux, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting