|Part → Primitives → Cone
|Introduced in version
A parametric truncated Part Cone primitive is available in the Part workbench from the Part tool bar, Part menu (primitives sub-menu) and the Create Primitives dialogue.
A Part Cone with the parameter "Angle" set to 270 degrees and all other parameters are set to their default values.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are two ways to invoke the command:
- Press the Cone button in the toolbar.
- Select the Part → Primitives → Cone from the menu bar.
Result: The default values create a truncated parametric cone that is positioned at the origin (point 0,0,0) and attached to the global xy-plane. Its height of 10 mm is along the global z-axis. The lower DadosRadius 1 is 2 mm, the upper DadosRadius 2 is 4 mm.
The cone properties can later be edited, either in the Property editor or by double-clicking the cone in the Tree view.
- DadosRadius 1: Radius of the arc or circle defining the lower face
- DadosRadius 2: Radius of the arc or circle defining the upper face
- DadosHeight: Height of the Part Cone
- DadosAngle: Number of degrees of the arc or circles defining the upper and lower faces of the truncated cone. The default 360° creates circular faces, a lower value will create a portion of a cone as defined by upper and lower faces each with edges defined by an arc of the number of degrees and two radii.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot