|Part → Primitives → Cone|
|Introduced in version|
A parametric truncated Part Cone primitive is available in the Part workbench from the Part tool bar, Part menu (primitives sub-menu) and the Create Primitives dialogue.
A Part Cone with the parameter "Angle" set to 270 degrees and all other parameters are to their default values.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are two ways to invoke the command:
Result: The default values create a truncated parametric cone that is positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) and attached to the global xy-plane. Its heigth of 10 mm is alog the global z-axis. The lower DataRadius 1 is 2 mm, the upper DataRadius 2 is 4 mm.
The cone properties can later be edited, either in the property editor or by double-clicking on the cone in the model tree.
- DataRadius 1: Radius of the arc or circle defining the lower face
- DataRadius 2: Radius of the arc or circle defining the upper face
- DataHeight: Height of the Part Cone
- DataAngle: Number of degrees of the arc or circles defining the upper and lower faces of the truncated cone. The default 360° creates circular faces, a lower value will create a portion of a cone as defined by upper and lower faces each with edges defined by an arc of the number of degrees and two radii.