A parametric truncated Part Cone primitive is available in the Part workbench from the Part tool bar, Part menu (primitives sub-menu) and the Create Primitives dialogue.
- Open the Part Workbench.
- Invoke there Part Cone command several ways:
- Press the Part Cone button
- Use the Part → Primitives → Cone entry from the top menu.
Result: The default values create a truncated parametric cone, defined by
Angle parameters. The default cone will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation. The angle parameter permits the creation of a portion of cone (it is set to 360° by default), and the radius 1 and 2 correspond to base and top radius of the truncated cone.
- Radius 1: radius of the arc or circle defining the lower face
- Radius 2: radius of the arc or circle defining the upper face
- Height: the height of the Part Cone
- Angle: the number of degrees of the arc or circles defining the upper and lower faces of the truncated cone. The default 360 creates circular faces, a lower value will create a portion of a cone as defined by upper and lower faces each with edges defined by an arc of the number of degrees and two radii.
Above: shows a Part Cone with the parameter "Angle" set to 270 degrees and all other parameters are at their default values.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing